Wednesday, November 17, 2010

An array of information

Life seems to be spinning nearly out of control. I am longing to get back to the basics, just me and my family in our quiet (well not always) little tin can. Where my worries are consumed by the everyday chores of my home life. I know it is far fetched but I am determined to get there. Because, they are my number one priority, and you cant help others unless they want to be helped, so why am I stretching my self so thin that I am now letting myself down. I know I just started writing this but I like that it helps me remind myself of the little things. It is those little things that keep me going. Allot has happened since my last post.

For my birthday I had three girlfriends come over, we drank Texas root beer floats and wine all night, and munched on a smorgasbord of orderves. I wanted only four of us because I did not want to host, and unlike myself, I didn't even cook anything. Costco has quite an impressive selection of all natural goodies, so I picked up mini quiches, spanakopita, and eggplant parm bites. The ladies brought artichoke jalapeno dip, spinach dip, pita chips, and apple slices with caramel. Is this making you hungry. The night was exactly what the doctor ordered. I did get these flowers, of course they are my favorite color!


The other night I made paprika chicken, mustard greens and bulgar. After you roast the chicken you toss the greens in the liquid left on the pan from the chicken and wilt it in the oven. Absolute heaven!

This Sunday Annabelle found the funnies
Then Sophia found them.
I love that both of them never noticed I took their pictures.

On Monday I had the opportunity to make my hubby what I call cheaters  chilaquiles. Oh so easy and you must try.
Brown cut up corn tortillas in oil or fat
Cook until golden brown
 Add a can of El Pato, and season with salt.
Then stir and let it sit for a  while so the tortillas soak up the sauce.
 Serve with bacon and fried eggs, scrambled is unacceptable!
Now you can die happy! Just kidding, but they are so delicioso!

My present finally came in the mail while we were off camping

I have been in such a mood for soup lately.
Refrigerator soup
 Sopa de fideo

Oh and the bangs are back!

No comments:

Post a Comment