Thursday, June 30, 2011

Before and After


I received this antique wardrobe cabinet as payment for babysitting! Poor thing had a half ass paint job and the shelves inside were made from old house siding, and scrap plywood. I wanted the cabinet because I love old furniture, I love to fix things up and give them new life, and I needed a closed pantry in preparation for this baby boy.
We repainted it black, put in new shelves, polished up the knobs, and knocked the centers out of the doors replacing them with chicken wire.

Its perfect and cost $46 for the new shelves, chicken wire, and contact paper.

I also nabbed this old dining table, it was being sent to the dump, two men tried repairing it without luck. I think they manhandled it!! I wanted a new sewing and craft table, and I wanted to save the poor thing from death (or at-least try to). The big problem was one of the leaves were broken and all the legs were in pieces. I used some clamps, strong wood glue, brackets and patience to take it from this....

and this...
To this!!!!!
and this!!! I just need to condition the wood some more and it should be good as new!!


No comments:

Post a Comment