Saturday, April 14, 2012

It's been busy

These days seem busier than ever its hard to keep up with it all. But isn't that how it always is with a family, there is always something that needs to be done. There is always something put on the back burner for another time. Sometimes my head feels so cluttered, with those projects and jobs sitting back there for so long there is no room for the things you cant get to now. So, when it comes to setting something else back there it just falls off the side of the stove and is gone (maybe forever). I figure I need to dig out those dusty things, reaching all the way to the back and to the bottom of the pile. I need to go back to the beginning and start purging what doesn't really matter and finish what does. That should give more room....right? Will that help my brain come back to a more productive and less confusing state? I sure hope so.

So here are some highlights of the past few months or so that I have been meaning to write about or get out there... just taking some stuff off the burner!

We got nearly 2 pounds of kale from the garden


and made southern greens, with scalloped potatoes, and mustard roasted chicken


we broke out the deep fryer and make home made french fries


Sophia and Annabelle knit a bracelet


I finished one of two roman blinds for our bedroom 
using a tutorial from Jen Duncan


Made homemade granola bars with dates, dry apricots, and blueberries


Made a birthday gift for Mrs. Jessica


substituting salmon for tuna

Started making our own spaghetti

 and linguini

For things like chicken noodle soup!



Do you see the volume up button? I fixed it with some scrap booking glue and a piece of foil!


and last but not least finished my Sophias quilt that i initially started nearly 5 years ago,
hows that for digging out a burried to-do?

My babies are growing waaay to fast 




3 comments:

  1. I was just feeling productive and then I saw this blog post. You put me to shame! The kale looks delicious--we love ours in fruit smoothies or baked in the oven as "fries". Thank you for the link to the granola bars. Those are on my to-do list for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh sheesh this was over the past few months, you have two boys that is a load on its own! I still need to try making kale chips, I have had them they are yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the quilt is gorgeous! So are the roman shades, only now you'll have to redo them for your new house!

    ReplyDelete